Monday, March 21, 2011

Dirty Little Secret

Since you've stuck with me (via this blog) this long... you've earned the right to learn my dirty little secret.

I met my Guy on match.com!









You know what? I'm not going to whisper it.

I met my Guy on match.com!

My whole life, "people" (my mom) have told me that I ought to be a writer. The problem with my life is that I never had a SUBJECT to write about. In November of 2010... I finally found it. My subject. Well, subjects...

My current job doesn't exactly lend itself to a vibrant social life. I was alone on the Left Coast with no friends and no life. As much as I liked my job and the place I live (Monterey, CA), I knew that I'm too social to spend so much time on my own. After a bunch of hemming and hawing, I finally decided to try online dating.

Now, everyone (whether they've tried it or not) seems to have an opinion on internet romance. I know I had some reservations and preconceptions of my own, but I decided to drop them. In just two years and two separate job searches, I applied for a total of 91 jobs. NINETY-ONE. I thought about all the time and money invested in finding an occupation... but as the saying goes, I didn't plan on "marrying my job." So why not invest a bit in my love-life?

Match has this "6-month guarantee", where if you don't find your match in 6 months, you get 6 more months free. At less than $20 a month, that's $120 for a full year of fun. At least I hoped it would be fun. The plan is to use the blog to tell the story. I will take some creative liberty... but just about all of this is just as it happened. Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is going to be good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight's news had a break down of how much is spent on dating sites. $120 is a steal and he's awesome - a real bargain

    ReplyDelete