Thursday, April 14, 2011

Countdowns

For many years I was obsessed with countdowns. This obsession was generally centered around school. How many days until break? How many days until summer? How many days until graduation?

Then I entered the workforce and it became... How many days until vacation? How many days until vacation? How many days until vacation?

And then my mom, genius that she is, gave me the following advice...

Enjoy the moment. Stop counting down and missing out on what is happening.

If you know my mom, you might realize this is a BIT of the pot and kettle. My mom isn't always a "live in the moment" type of person. I think I've actually given her advice back to her a few times. But she does deserve credit for where I first heard it.

Make sure that you aren't counting down. If there is no tomorrow, you've wasted your today.

1 comment:

  1. I'm counting the days until I see everyone in Denver

    ReplyDelete