Monday, May 30, 2011

Evidently I'm writing a media review blog.

I'm not sure how it happened, but somehow this has turned into a media review blog. It seems I read a lot of books, watch a lot of movies, listen to a lot of music, watch a lot of TV, and check out lots of blogs. Maybe that isn't unique. Probably most people do a variation on that... including much more "worthy" media... such as news.

But I hate the news. I'm thankful that the internet makes the news a buffet. And honestly, just like regular buffets... I tend to head right for the dessert. What do I mean by dessert? The videos. The book and movie reviews. TV show recaps. ( ...aaaand every now and then the big headlines. Just so I'm not completely out of tune with the world. )

I realized just now that media reviews are my focus because I was trying to decide which topic to write about first (since I've been slacking for a bit) and I was deciding between "Mar Adentro (The Sea Within)"...an incredible Spanish film and true story about a quadriplegic fighting for legalized suicide, the controversial most recent episode of "The Bachelorette", and...

well...

you'll just have to keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment