Friday, January 18, 2013

Room for Dessert

Cruel and unusual punishment.

I've been doing it.  REALLY doing it.  Working out, that is.  This may seem unremarkable to you, random (and oh-so-fit) reader of this blog.  But for me it's remarkable.  Noteworthy, even.

I signed up for a year-long membership to the Monterey Sports Center (well, I signed up Hubs too, but he's yet to visit).  Due to my compulsive need to get my money's worth, I've been there 3 TIMES in the first week!  (and take note, that's in addition to my 3-hr hike on Sunday!)

There are signs all over the fitness machines that say, "STOP exercising if you feel pain, faint, dizziness, or short of breath."  I feel all of the above within the first 3 minutes or so of exercising, which is why I'm at the gym in the first place, silly!

But the WORST part, is the new CUPCAKE shop that opened directly across the street from the entrance to the gym.  REALLY!?  That's just cruel.  Get us when we're feeling all proud of ourselves for following through on our Resolutions...

No comments:

Post a Comment