Friday, September 7, 2012

Feeling Blue? Watch these films...

Sometimes the easiest way to stop feeling blue is to change your perspective.  It is very easy to find things to stress over and our society has a "Big Fish" mentality when it comes to woes.  There is no need to top someone else's story... what you need is some new eyes to see the world through.

Here are a few movies I'd recommend that may just make you appreciate what you have...

1. 8 Pounds
2. Pay It Forward
3. Young at Heart
4. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
5. Life Is Beautiful (La Vita e Bella) - Italian
6. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly  (Le Scaphandre et La Papillon) - French
7. The Sea Inside  (Mar Adentro) - Spanish

As much as I'd like to give you summaries... half the reason I loved these films was that they came as a complete surprise.  If you HATE foreign language films you can skip 5-8... OR in the spirit of changing your negative attitude you could just try them.

The only warning I'll give is that all 7 movies made me cry.  Then again so do the commercials for the Olympics... so perhaps I'm not a good barometer for emotional responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment