Monday, September 24, 2012

A house is not a home without whiskers.

Three nights ago our beloved cat, Bear, went missing.

I'm absolutely heartsick and a complete mess.  I cry nearly every hour.  I even just did a Google search for pet poems, but apparently they're all sappy and ridiculous.  As am I.

It's incredible how weird it feels to be in our house without him.

I don't want to leave the house in case he comes home.  I don't want to return to the house in case he hasn't.

I know it isn't earth shattering.  That many people are dealing or have dealt with things that are ten times worse.  But my heart just feels so heavy.  I feel like he was my responsibility and I have failed as a parent and pet owner and just a person in general.

And now I've just ensured that my one reader will never read again.  Sorry for the self-pity, but, as this has now become a diary, I might as well lament.



I love you, Bear.  Come home.  Or at the very least, rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment